Living Areas include - Family room, living room and home office
* Declutter and reorganize. Make piles to donate or throw out. Go through all movies, books, video games, music and get rid of those don't like or want anymore and reorganize the rest
* Dust and vacuum all moderately dirty curtains and window treatments.Start by dusting from top to bottom using the upholstery or brush attachment for the vacuum. For blinds take a dampened microfiber cloth to them wiping them top to bottom.
* Very dirty curtains and window treatments - Wash or clean according to labels.
* Wash all windows - Using vinegar and water solution with a microfiber cloth. Remember to clean window sill and on top of window sill as well as the tracts and screen. Use toothbrush for hard to reach areas
* Take heating vent cover off - scrub heating vent cover and then using vacuum hose vacuum in the shaft and surrounding area.
* Vacuum dusty cloth lampshades - using a brush attachment.
* Dust all other lamps - Using a solution of water and vinegar to lightly dampen a microfiber cloth
* Clean ceiling-mounted light fixtures and ceiling fans.
* Dust, wash and dry all walls and baseboards. Dust Wallpapered walls.
* Dust tops of doors. door frames, door knob, light switch covers and outlets
* Wipe down phone and remote controls
* Dust all shelves, coffee/end tables, TV/electronic equipment and knickknacks
* Wipe down glass surfaces such as tv screen
* Vaccuum and spot clean upholstery
* Steam Clean Carpet
* Decorate - Change out throw pillows and blankets, candles to warmer scents such as mulled cider and vanilla cookies and other summer decorations for fall and winter decorations.
For Home Office all of the above but also:
* Organize bills, manuals and receipts
* Shred papers that are out-of-date or not needed
* Make sure supplies are stocked
* Clean computer - mouse and keyboard included
Download and Print: Fall Cleaning List - Living Areas