Monday, July 13, 2009

Chicken in a Rut...

A post Kaya made a while back reminded me that I do stuff my boobs quite a bit too. It is something that I call chicken in a rut. I look in the fridge and see what I can do to make them different and stuffing them with different veggies, meats, cheeses is an easy solution to making chicken be a little more special. And helps me get rid of some left overs too.

The first time I stuffed chicken breasts, I had taken some boneless chicken breasts out and thought what will I make with these. Because I just got stuck in that rut of doing the same things with them always. All day I rolled several ideas around but nothing really sounded like "yes that is it!"

So right before needing to start dinner, I looked into the fridge and saw I had sun-dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, basil, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, thin sliced ham so I took all those things chopped and mixed together. I pounded the chicken breasts and then spread it with the mixture and rolled them up. I dipped them in a beaten egg and coated them whole wheat bread crumbs. Secured with toothpicks. And baked.

The key is to not overcook them. Because they are pounded out and get thinner - it is easy to over cook them as they don't seem to need to bake as long.

Here is how they turned out....

They had amazing flavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin