From Frugal Families: Frugal Cleaning Using Lemons.
- Lemons are great at dissolving soap scum and mineral deposits. Apply lemon juice directly to your shower doors, tub and tile to make it sparkle. Then rinse.
- A bit of lemon juice will also clean and shine brass and copper faucets and fittings.
- A nice cleaning paste can be made with lemon juice, baking soda and a bit of vinegar.
- Cut a lemon in half, and sprinkle some baking soda on the exposed lemon half. Then use it to scrub the dishes and remove stubborn stains from kitchen sinks and kitchen counters.
- Add lemon peels to your vinegar and water solution when cleaning to neutralize the vinegar smell.
- Mix lemon juice with a little olive oil to make a great furniture polish. This is a great natural polish for hardwood.