Thursday, December 15, 2011

Handmade Gift: Gratitude Journal

I am all about little gifts brought together to be made into a package of goodies for people I love.  So I like making crafts that are small and easy. This is one of those projects. I made these a few years ago for packages.

I called them Gratitude Journals but I also did Wish, Ideas, and Dream Journals. The idea was to be able to just keep this tiny little book with you so you could capture moments of gratitude (wishes, ideas or dreams).

I used mini-mead journals that I got at the Dollar Tree in 3 packs.  They are 3 1/2 inches by 4 inches.  I also have used other little notebooks that I will show photos of plain notebooks at the end that can be used.


I just used scrapbook and collage elements to decorate the covers.
Items used:
Pages from old books
Paint chips picked up at Home Depot and Lowes
Words that I printed from using a Word Doc
Labels
Stickers
Rubberstamps
Mini-tags
Magazines - images and patterns cut out from magazines
Vintage Printables I found online (such as:
Punches (stars, hearts, circles, flowers, and puzzle pieces)
Old postage stamps
Scrapbook paper & other scrapbook embellishments - stars, brads, flowers, word rub-ons, chip-board embellishments

These other types of notebooks would work also.  The notebook with pen I got at Michael's Craft store for $1.  I also got the Matchbook Notepads there in a pack of 2 or 3 (can't remember how many for sure) but I have seen both of these items occasionally at The Dollar Tree too.  The 3"x5" Memo notepad usually comes in a 3 pack also at The Dollar Tree. I can't remember for sure on the 6"x4" Memo notepads but think they came in a 2 pack.  Any little notepad with a cardstock/cardboard cover will work for embellishing. Just make sure they are small enough to tuck into a purse or bag for people to carry with them or to tuck into a corner of a desk to be there but not take a lot of space up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin