* Make sure your slow cooker is turned off, unplugged and cool before cleaning.
* The lid and the removable stoneware crock can be hand washed with hot soapy water or washed in the dishwasher.
* If hand washing, don't use scouring pads or abrasive cleaners. Use a dishcloth, sponge or plastic food scraper with hot soapy water to remove any hard cooked food residue. Vinegar will often help loosen hard cooked on food residue too.
* Be care of taking a hot crock and having it in contact with cold...such as a cold sink, counter or water as it can cause the crock to break.
* Do not submerge the outside heating base of crock or any slow cooker that doesn't have a removable crock into water.
* Do not submerge a slow cooker that is an one unit (non-removable crock). Fill the inside crock area with hot soapy water to help loosen any hard cooked food residue. Use a dishcloth, sponge or plastic food scraper to clean the inside of slow cooker. But again do not submerge in water.
* The outside slow cooker - the heating base - may be cleaned with warm, soapy water and a soft cloth such as a microfiber cloth. Wipe dry after cleaning. Don't use an abrasive cleaner. Again vinegar will often help loosen hard cooked on food residue.