Monday, November 19, 2012

Book Review: The 150 Best Slow Cooker Recipes


The 150 Best Slow Cooker Recipes by Judith Finlayson

I really enjoyed this cookbook for the variety of recipes that aren't the typical stew or chili type recipe.

This book is divided into 10 sections:
1) an introduction that gives you tips for using a slow cooker and pantry ingredients to use with a slow cooker.
2) Appetizers and fondue
3)  Soups
4) Beans, Lentils and Chilies
5) Beef and Veal
6) Pork and Lamb
7) Poultry
8) Fish, Seafood and Vegetarian Favorites
9) Vegetables
10) Desserts

There are so many good recipes in this book. Some do involve prep such as browning meats. And there are a few recipes that have a can of  soup or convenience item. But that is very rare in this book.

Some recipes that I have tired and really enjoyed:
Spinach and Artichoke Dip, Crab Spread, Southwestern Corn and Roasted Red Pepper soup, Moors and Christians, Beef Noodle Casserole with Cheddar Cheese topping, Great Goulash with potato dumplings, Classic Boeuf Bourguignon,  Shepherd's Pie with Creamy corn filling, Easy Chicken Paprikash, Spicy Chinese Chicken and several more. Each section there are so many recipes I want to try. But I tend to get hooked on several and just keep doing those over and over again.

I really enjoy that this cookbook has comfort food type recipes as well as interesting ethnic type dishes and also so many of the recipes I would be happy to serve to guests.   It is a slow cooker cookbook that I turn to so many times that the cover is almost falling off and pages show definite wear and tear.

Tomorrow I will share a recipe from this cookbook that I made recently for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin