Saturday, August 1, 2009

Maple Cinnamon Oat Bread

I love this bread! It smells amazing and tastes just as wonderful. This bread is great in just a regular loaf pan and toasted. But this time I was wanting to use it to make Creme Brulee French Toast. (And that recipe will come in my next post.) So I made this into 2 long loafs that I cooked in my French Bread pan. The bread looks almost like it is wheat bread but it is the maple syrup and brown sugar that given it the nice light brown color.



1 1/4 cup warm milk
3 cups bread flour
3/4 cup oats
3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 tsp fresh grated nutmeg
2 tablespoons margarine
1 1/2 teaspoon bread machine yeast

Add ingredients to bread machine pan in the order suggested by manufacturer.
Recommended cycle: basic/white bread cycle; light color setting. But I did it on the dough as I wanted to make creme brulee French toast. This bread though is good all on its own or as toast.

If using dough setting. Shape and then let rise until doubled. Time will depend on the warmth of your kitchen - about 33-45 minutes. Bake 30-40 minutes at 350.

NOTES
* I have used powdered milk and fat free half-n-half when didn't have milk on hand and it tasted just as good.

* I have also used sugar free maple syrup and it tasted good still but didn't have as strong of maple flavor.

* I am sure this recipe could be made just as is by hand also if you don't have a bread machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin