Monday, March 11, 2013

Book Review: Cook Once a Week, Eat Well Every Day

Cook Once a Week, Eat Well Every Day: Make-Ahead Meals that Transform Your Suppertime Circus into Relaxing Family Time by Theresa Albert

I just read this book recently, but I didn't follow how it was laid out  because I just wanted ideas. I can see how it could be very helpful if you are wanting to move to more once a week type cooking. Once a week cooking is where you prepare the majority - if not all of every meal for the week and then freeze, keep in fridge to bake or do final cooking.

A few good key points of the book:

  • One thing I found much improved from other books of this type is that the recipes are healthy.
  • The menus include a wide range of foods. Not just standard ground beef or chicken. 
  • This book would be good for those with limited time to cook and needing to make some more healthy meal choices and who have children.
  • The book has 12 weeks of menu plans, shopping lists, how-to prep and cook for the week based on each menu, and then recipes.  The weekly menu includes 5 meal plans. So that you can account for some leftovers or a night out.
I checked this book out from the library to get some ideas for meals and I have to say overall - this book didn't give me anything really new to add. But if you are new to healthy cooking, new to cooking in general or having problems with getting meals to the table after work - I can see this book will be helpful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin