Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Journal Pockets

I'm a pen-to-paper girl.  I'm trying to embrace technology and my smart phone but I'm always going to be the girl who jots down thoughts, notes, to-do lists, etc. in an actual book.  I usually pick up the cheap black and white composition books and use those, these books are part journal, part planner and work marvelously for me.  Over the summer I picked up some nicer ones at a yard sale super cheap.

I carry these books with me everywhere and generally end up tucking important pieces of paper inside as well.  In order to keep track of those papers and not get them lost in the depths of my bag, I've taken to adding pockets to them so that I use them.  These pockets store stamps, receipts, whatever else needs a home until it can be filed more properly later on. 

It's super easy and cheap to add pockets to any notebook or blank book.  All you need is:

  • A blank book
  • An envelope that is small enough to fit inside the cover of your book
  • Glue
  • Scissors

Cut the flap from your envelope


Finally glue the envelope inside your book, I glue with the opening to the back, but if you wanted to keep that notch for easier retrieval of small items like coupons, glue with the address side down.  Decorate if desired, I always decorate.


I usually add the pockets to both front and back covers to give me extra storage space.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome idea! That would work for lots of stuff!!!

    Hugs,
    mouse

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin