Sunday, June 22, 2008

From Old Bread to Croutons



I take and put stale/close to stale bread in the freezer. And then I take it all out every once in a while and put it through the food processor to make the bread crumbs. Well I hadn't done that in a while and this morning when cleaning out the freezer/fridge (trash day tomorrow), I found quite a lot of bread. So I made up bread crumbs but still had so much bread. We just bought a big container of spring mix salad greens on Friday so I thought croutons. I cut the crust off (saved to make more crumbs from it) and then brushed the fronts and backs with a mixture of olive oil, basil, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese. I then cut the bread into squares and put them on a pan - baked on 350 for about 10 minutes. They smelled delicious and taste really good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin