Sunday, June 3, 2012

Simple yet Delicious Breakast

This morning I was looking through my pantry to see what I could possibly feed everyone for breakfast, as it is slim pickings on pantry items right now in our home.  My girls got up far too early (insert before the birds chirp) so breakfast came very early as well (it's not even 8am while I type this and they have eaten breakfast and I have cleaned it up!)


I realized I had just enough ingredients to make popovers.






I couldn't remember the ingredients for them so I wound up using this recipe from the food network website.



Ingredients
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus 1 teaspoon room temperature for pan
4 3/4 ounces all-purpose flour, approximately 1 cup
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 large eggs, room temperature
1 cup whole milk, room temperature


Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Grease a 6-cup popover pan with the 1 teaspoon of butter.
Place all of the ingredients into a food processor or blender and process for 30 seconds. Divide the batter evenly between the cups of the popover pan, each should be about 1/3 to 1/2 full. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 40 minutes. Remove the popovers to a cooling rack and pierce each in the top with a knife to allow steam to escape. Serve warm.





**note**  I was too lazy to break out my food processor so early in the morning so I used a wire disk and everything came out just great!  

We served the popovers with warm honey butter and fresh berries from the farm.  Everyone ate and no one complained!  That's a WIN at our house.
The added benefit of popovers is they are a great addition for any meal.  Serve with fruit for a light breakfast, or serve as a savory bread dish instead of a dinner roll with a nice dinner.  Or stuff them filled with some lunch meat or veggies for a quick on the go lunch.

Enjoy  :)

2 comments:

  1. I too woke up way too early this morning, saw this post, and with just a little effort, woke up my loved one with that buttery scent. I only had a regular muffin tin, but it totally worked anyway -- mini popovers really. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish I could get popovers to work in altitude. I haven't yet - anyone reads this that lives in higher altitude have a secret please let me know. I used to make them and cream puffs all the time when I lived in Kansas and just can't get them to work in Colorado.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin