Monday, May 5, 2008

Cleaning Tip: Garbage Disposal

Whenever I need to juice or zest from lemons, limes or oranges, I take the leftover juiced/zested fruit and cut them into little pieces maybe the size a quarter. I then put them in a zip lock and put them in the freezer. I pull a couple out pieces every once in a while to put in the garbage disposal as it makes it smell good. Plus helps clean it.

Another thing I do with the garbage disposal to help clean it is pour some baking soda down it and then let it sit for a bit. I then take some vinegar that I warmed up in the microwave and I pour that in and you can hear it fizz. I let it sit for a little bit and then run hot water while the disposal is turned on. It suppose to help clean as well as be good for keeping drain clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin