* Drain and store garden hoses. Install insulating covers on exterior faucets if needed. Have sprinkler systems blown free of water.
* Garden beds need to be cleaned out of summer dead plants and flowers. Prep beds for winter.
* Clean the deck/patio furniture and then put it away for the fall and winter months.
* Check and clean the gutters.
* Check, repair or replace weather stripping and caulking around windows and doors. Follow manufacturer's recommendations to re-caulk if needed.
* Check if external doors and garage doors close correctly. Install weather-stripping and door thresholds if needed.
* Wash exterior windows
* Air Cooling system - ours needs to be drained and covered for winter
* Touch up exterior paint on house, shutters and door
Download and Print: Fall Cleaning List - Outside