Thursday, February 3, 2011

Book Review: Homemade

This is a great reference book for the home. I found some things I loved and some things I didn't. But mostly I think it is a good resource to have around the house.

So the things I didn't like first:

* I didn't like that half the book was food recipes. I would have liked more of the cleaners, health remedies, bath products, and such. But I will say that I am sure that many could and would use the food section just as much as the rest of the book.

* It uses the same phrase of it will the ingredients cost pennies on SO MANY recipes. We get it. It could have been used in the intro and that is IT.

* Not sure all the recipes really do cost pennies. I am not sure all the recipes would work.


Things I liked:

* I like how things are laid out in the book - very easy to follow and find thing. Each section has a list to reference on what is to come in the following pages.

* When using these recipes - you know exactly what is in each product. And they often are less expensive then the commercial brand.

* Such a huge variety of recipes - ketchup, chicken noodle soup, jam, face cream, household cleaners, insect repellent, sore throat lozenges, pet food, craft paste - just so many things you can use around the house.

* There are "helpful hints" and highlighted tips posted through out the book.

Overall I am sure this is a book that many could use and would reference often. I checked it out from the library but will be adding it to my wish list.

2 comments:

  1. I will have to check it out at our library sounds like it is worth a look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Readers Digest always has so many good tips! Nice to see they finally put them together in a big collection! I think I'll be adding that to the next Barns and Nobel order I make :) Thanks for reviewing it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin