Sunday, November 29, 2009

Ritz Mint "Cookies"

I am not a big fan of Ritz crackers. I know probably very odd. So when I saw this recipe I thought that doesn't even sound good to me. But Master loves minty sweets so I decided to make them. And oh my how I love them too. They were an unexpected surprise the salt from the cracker against the mint and chocolate just tasted really good to me.

This recipe is from Kraft - I got it from their Food and Family magazine.



1 pkg. (8 squares) Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted, slightly cooled
1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
1 sleeve Ritz Crackers (36 crackers)
1 candy cane (6 inch), crushed

Mix chocolate and extract.

Dip crackers in chocolate, turning to completely coat each cracker. Carefully scrape off excess chocolate. Place crackers in single layer on waxed paper-covered baking sheets; sprinkle with crushed candy.

Refrigerate for 30 min. or until chocolate is firm.

I have never done the variation because Master doesn't like peanut butter but I know know I would love them!

Chocolate-Peanut Butter "Cookies"
Omit peppermint extract and candy cane. Spread each cracker with thin layer of peanut butter before dipping in the melted chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin