This is a great "prepare ahead" appetizer that is always well received!
• 1/2 cup apple, chopped
• 1/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
• 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
• 1/4 cup dried cranberries
• 1 Tablespoon brown sugar, packed
• 1/4 teaspoon cassia cinnamon
• 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
• 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Coarsely chop apple with food processor. Combine apple, apricots, pecans, cranberries, brown sugar and cinnamon in small bowl and mix gently. Stir in butter just until ingredients are moistened.
3. Cut Brie in half horizontally. Place one half of the round, rind side down, on pan. Spoon half of the apple mixture onto bottom half of Brie, spreading evenly. Top with remaining half of Brie, rind side up. Spoon remaining apple mixture over top. Bake 12-15 minutes, or until cheese is soft and just begins to melt.
4. Serve with sliced French bread.