Monday, November 21, 2011

Dijon Mustard Vinaigrette

The guest post yesterday for Vegetable Cheese Quiche was made for a lunch when visited. I asked if I could bring something and my friend requested a salad.  I thought with quiche a salad of spring mixed greens with thinly sliced/chopped onions, feta cheese and seedless grapes would be good. I would have added a nut such as walnut or pine nuts but Master doesn't like nuts.  And the salad was fine without them.  Served a dijon mustard vinaigrette on top. I based it off of a recipe on Epicurious.  





  • 3/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
  • 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
  • 1 garlic clove, halved
  • pinch of black pepper
  • pinch of sugar

  • I put all ingredients in a bottle and shake until well mixed.  But you can also put in a blender or food processor to mix.  It can be made 3 days ahead. Just mix well before adding to the salad.  

    please click on the title of the post and then click on the print button

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin