Saturday, April 16, 2011

German Pancakes

I know I post an awful lot of recipes as compared to cleaning and crafty tips, but I love to cook and cooking for Sir has always been an adventure because he is rather picky and doesn't always want to try new things.

One thing I've found that makes a great Saturday morning brunch is Pannekoeken or German Pancakes. They are easy to make, they puff up very nicely in the oven for great presentation and they are tasty!

I was taught this recipe a long long time ago and while you can go out and buy special pans for this, I have found using a cast iron skillet or other oven proof skillet works just as well. The plus side to this recipe is that you can easily cut it down or make more, depending on need.

Ingredients:

5 Eggs
5 Tbsp Butter
1 1/4 Cups Flour
1 1/4 Cups Milk

Preheat oven to 425, place butter in the skillet and skillet in the oven.

Mix together eggs, flour and milk. Whisk until smooth. When oven is ready, pour batter in the preheated skillet and bake for 20-25 minutes.

The great thing about this bare bones recipe is all the fun you can have topping it. I've used jams and jellies, powdered sugar, maple syrup, fruit, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin