Monday, April 11, 2011

The BEST BBQ Ribs

When I need to throw together a quick meal, one of the easiest and tastiest for me are these BBQ Baby Back Ribs.

Note: They are quick to put together, but they do require 6-7 hours to cook in the crock pot before broiling.

2-4 lbs Baby Back Ribs

Pre-cut rib slabs to fit in the crock pot.

2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
4 Tsp Salt (I usually only use half or I find them too salty)
4 Tsp Chili Powder (I usually use 1 because Sir does not like too much)
2 Tsp Paprika
2 Tsp Black Pepper
2 Tsp Garlic

Mix together and rub over the ribs. Place in crock pot. Cover with 1/2 cup of cola (I use Pepsi and I usually use 1 - 1/2 cups) Cook on low for 6-7 hours.

Preheat broiler. When ready, put the ribs on a foil lined baking sheet and bast with

1 cup your favorite barbecue sauce

Broil for 5 minutes, frequently basting withe sauce.

I've also grilled the ribs as well, on a charcoal grill. I prefer sweet barbecue sauces like Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory and Brown Sugar or if I can get it Montgomery Inn's Barbecue Sauce . Those of you from Cincinnati or who have purchased it in local stores (I know Kroger Grocery Stores carry it!) know what I mean, it is simply REALLY GOOD sauce! Of course, I'm from Cincinnati, so I'm kind of biased and could easily write a whole blog post about Cincinnati Culinary Delights!

2 comments:

  1. Master has a wonderful rib receipe that is a bit different (though we want to try this know too). It is simple- put ribs in a casserole dish and cover with a mix of 1 bottle sweet baby rays BBQ sauce and 1/2 small carton of Tropicana Orage Juice. Sit over night and slow bake @250 for 3 hours.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin