Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Houseworks Holiday Plan (yes, in August!)

So, I surfed over to one of my favorite sites (organizedhome.com) to get ready for one of my favorite seasonal events- Fall Cleaning. I usually print out their seasonal checklist and start from there. Even so, I'm feeling a little self congratulatory and ahead of my game because it's still over 100 degrees here in Texas, and we are definitely still in summer mode.

Except this is what I found greeting me: a headline reading Get Ready for Christmas with the Houseworks Holiday Plan

Reading on... "It's time to kick off the Houseworks Holiday Plan at sister site Organized Christmas! Working week by week, we'll deep-clean, declutter, and prepare for the holiday season in small, sustainable bites.... The fun starts Sunday, August 30! Will you be ready?"

Granted, I'm usually done with all holiday prep a week or two before Thanksgiving. I don't like last minute shopping/planning and the holidays are usually crunched for time as it is. But seriously... where does one fit in Fall Cleaning if the holiday prep starts before Labor Day???

2 comments:

  1. Great post. Thanks for the link. I"m going to send it to my wife. God help me if she goes there often :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That site sounds useful.

    On the other hand, I believe I'd be shot down (or just laughed at a lot) if I tried to start holiday prep while it's still garden season. Maybe buying a few gifts here and there, but Master's old-school. The holiday season starts at the beginning of Advent and ends on twelfth night. Which is funny because we're not practicing Christians of any known flavor--just like the ritual of it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin