Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Lemonade Days

I know I just posted yesterday, but today I found a fantastic recipe I wanted to share!

Lemonade is one of my favorite summertime treats. Whether I make my own or buy it at the store, there is nothing as refreshing as lemonade to me. Here is a recipe I've had for years for lemonade:

* 1 1/2 cups sugar
* 1 1/2 cups of water
* 1 tbsp grated lemon peel
* 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (about 8-10 lemons)


In a small saucepan, stir together sugar, water and lemon peel. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring and then remove from heat.

Stir in lemon juice.

Add mixture to 9 cups cold water.


Today while reading my Real Simple Magazine, I came across this recipe for Hibiscus Mint Lemonade. Since I grow fresh mint in my garden, and it has grown out of control this summer, I scooted out the back door and picked some to try this with.

Here's the recipe:

4 Hibiscus tea bags (like Celestial Seasonings Red Zinger, which I love!)
2 cups fresh mint leaves (this is a lot of mint, just fyi)
2 cups boiling water
2 1/2 cups lemonade

Steep mint leaves and tea bags in the 2 cups boiling water. Pour into a pitcher, straining out the tea bags and mint leaves. Add lemonade and chill. Serve over ice. Garnish with additional sprigs of mint.

There are other recipes on the Real Simple website as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin