Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Burning Recipes

I was doing a search on youtube for cooking videos. I have come upon good cooking videos there often.

And I found this one - which I love. It is about burning your recipes and thinking of cooking as an art. I agree with that thought. I love looking at recipes. I love using them. But to be comfortable in the kitchen and cooking, you often have to take a leap of faith by throwing out the recipes and going for it. Experiment and give yourself permission to burn food and to ruin meals. It is okay to learn. Learning creates growth in skills and comfortableness in the kitchen. So take a look at this video and think about taking a leap of faith and going for it.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this.
    I'm not an experienced cook. I'm trying to vary recipes based on what's on hand or dietary restrictions but so far I don't have the confidence to do it.
    I think I'll like this series on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was great fun to watch! I rarely use a recipe. I cook by smell, sight, taste, and experience. When I use a recipe, I tend to think of it as more of a suggestion. I'll follow the directions until I encounter something that is either not in my cupboard, or something I'm not fond of eating, and I'll improvise.

    I think I'll go visit his website. He's my kind of cook.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin