4 medium-sized yellow squash
2 tablespoons water
2-4 tablespoons butter
½ cup chopped onion
½ cup bread crumbs
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup sour cream
1 tablespoon sugar, optional
salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and slice 4 medium-sized yellow squash.
- Place squash in microwave safe dish with 2 tablespoons water.
- Cook squash on high about 7-9 minutes, until soft.
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Heat small skillet over medium heat and add butter.
- Saute chopped onion in butter until soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Drain squash and place in large bowl. Mash with potato masher or with fork.
- Add onion mixture. Then add the remaining ingredients and mix well. NOTE: be careful to mix quickly when adding the egg so it doesn’t scramble.
- Bake in greased casserole dish for 40-45 minutes, until top is browned.