Friday, October 10, 2008

Book: Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook

Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook by Beth Hensperger

I was looking for a book that didn't have lots of cream of whatever soups, velvetta cheese, salad dressing and onion soup mix and this book didn't disappoint me. I was having trouble finding good recipes that use what I consider 'real' ingredients. I have tried a few recipes and they have been very good. And I look forward to trying many more. Basically if you want make recipes using non-processed, healthy ingredients then this is the book for you. If you want a cookbook for that dumps things in without any or little prep then this probably isn't the book for you.

I will say that I use my crockpot all the time and this book had many recipes in it that I already do so it might be a repeat for you if you do use your crockpot. Of course there were some new things and I have enjoyed trying them out - and they have been very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin